Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I Support Master Cpl Robbie Fraser

Master Cpl. Robbie Fraser, was charged on Monday, March 12, 2007 with manslaughter and negligent performance of duty in the accidental shooting death of his friend Master Cpl. Jeffrey Walsh of Regina during a patrol in Afghanistan in August.

Drop these charges! They do no good to anyone! As if sticking a guy in jail for shooting his buddy will prevent future accidents from happening.

Even Walsh's wife isn't in favour of the charges:
"I don't agree with what has been given to him as charges go. Rob was a good friend of Jeff, and what is taking place right now I don't agree with. I can't go into any more detail as to why I don't agree, but I don't."
To Minister Gordon O'Connor and the Department of National Defence: justice demands that the government first give the Walsh family the details of incident and then end this show trial. Do the right thing.

God bless the troops and their families.